Can I use X3 without the bar or plate? Can I add other exercises?
Let’s go over relevant weights: You cannot use heavy banding alone in any useful way for strength development other than rehabilitation. This is because in your strongest positions you are actually 7 times stronger than you might think you are in based on what weights you can lift.
In order to exert this massive power delivery capacity of the body in order to fatigue yourself, the forces required become too high for smaller joints to handle without being properly aligned. Resistance bands by themselves twist joints, causing pain, potentially damage the smaller bones and tendons in the wrists and ankles, and prevent you from applying these high forces. To address this, we developed and patented an olympic type bar (the X3 bar) that can handle over 800 lbs, as well a second ground (the X3 ground plate) so both the wrists and ankles are protected and properly aligned. When this is done properly, you truly access your body’s capability in a way you have never seen before.
Take a look at some of the forces that can be achieved with X3 and you will understand why keeping joints neutral is a top priority:
- The X3 white band: 10 to 50 lbs, then doubled over, 100 lbs
- The X3 light grey band: 25 to 80 lbs, then doubled over, 160 lbs
- The X3 dark grey band: 50 to 120 lbs, then doubled over, 240 lbs,
- The X3 black band: 60 to 150 lbs, then doubled over, 300 lbs.
- The X3 Elite band : (sold separately, for those who need it) 110 to 300+ lbs, then doubled over, more than 600 lbs.