Studies show that most of us abandon our New Year’s resolutions before January is over – but that doesn’t mean it’s a lack of willpower. As high hopes collide with the grind of everyday life, it’s easy to let go of our goals and revert to former routines. Fortunately, there are many ways to stay inspired and numerous experts to help.
Whether your goals include improving your diet, dating life, career, mindset or your compassion, the books below can help you stay on track by providing thought-provoking, factual and fun ways to realize a better version of yourself. Here is a roundup of 20 books to consider picking up in 2021.
1. Panic! Germs and the Truth Inside American Mouths by Dr. Gladys Mcgarey and Dr. Nicholas Meyer
If you’re ready to learn more about the food we eat and how it impacts health, mindset and potential, then dive into this carefully composed book based on science. Written by the former president of biological dentistry a pioneer of holistic medicine, the authors share their wisdom and shed light on the importance of the oral microbiome and how this can be the real cause behind digestive issues, heart failure and more. If you’ve ever been diagnosed or misdiagnosed, this read is for you.
2. Heart To Beat: A Cardiac Surgeon’s Inspiring Story of Success and Overcoming Adversity - The H.E.A.R.T. Way by Brian Lima, M.D.
Leading heart transplant surgeon Dr. Brian Lima details his life story and demonstrates that the American dream is alive and well for those most willing to pursue it. It’s not brains or sheer talent that wins out today – it’s having the drive to work for it. According to Dr. Lima: “Whatever you do, in whatever field, be sure to do with all your heart.” In this book, you will hear life anecdotes, mindset strategies, and tactical techniques that propelled Dr. Lima to award-winning success that you can find, too.
3. The Pyramid of Trust, How to Create Certainty in an Uncertain World by Aimee Tariq and Tyler Wagner
A thought-provoking read during a time that has challenged our preconceived ideas and notions forever, the Pyramid of Trust explores the “hierarchy of trust.” The book discusses how those who have virtually no or little trust can become valued as trustworthy in less than 12 months – and be seen as the thought leaders they are called to be.
4. Weight Lifting is a Waste of Time: So Is Cardio, and There’s A Better Way to Have the Body You Want by Dr. John Jaquish and Henry Alkire
Checking all the boxes, but struggling to achieve your fitness goals? It’s time for a new perspective, provided by Dr. John Jaquish. You’ve been lied to, and it’s time to see how exercise science has missed some of the most obvious principles today.
5. Master Your Mindpower by Stéphane Schafeitel and Shalee Schafeitel
Learn about the mindpower principles and strategies that have helped the authors assist thousands of clients through their Mindpower Coaching™ Methodology and Mental Toughness Training™.
6. Snowman’s Song: A Christmas Story by Marilee Joy Mayfield
Meet a little snowman who teaches that a simple act of gratitude and compassion brings your children back to the true meaning of Christmas. Rather than the presents we receive, the most important gifts are those of selflessness and kindness.
7. The Purpose Factor: Extreme Clarity for Why You’re Here and What to Do About It by Brian Bosché and Gabrielle Bosché
If you often ask yourself why you are here or what your purpose is, know that you are not alone. In fact, considering what’s next in life is one of the best ways to gain clarity in where you need to go. The Purpose Factor shows readers how they can finally take initiative. You are not too old, too young, too broke, too busy, too insecure or too far-gone to live a life of fulfillment.
8. The Last Law of Attraction Book You’ll Ever Need to Read by Andrew Kap
“How come the law of attraction hasn’t provided me with my dream life yet?” If this is a question you regularly ask yourself, then it’s time to learn why. You can finally manifest your desires with the Last Law of Attraction Book You’ll Ever Need to Read. If you are seeking an extra boost as you begin your journey in 2021, this book explains how to take action and teaches fun gratitude methods to shift your mindset.
9. Oops – To Feeling Good by Dr. Tina J. Arorash
Written by child psychologist Dr. Tina J. Arorash, this heartwarming story about an exuberant chocolate labradoodle named Boris is a special kind of children’s tale that will help kids identify their feelings and emotions.
10. Stop Chasing Influencers: The True Path To Building Your Business and Living Your Dream by Kimanzi Constable and Jared Easley
Did you know that building your dream future is entirely possible and not nearly as complicated as we make it seem? Stop Chasing Influencers details how technology, digital tools and knowledge can enable your dreams, right here; right now.
11. The 4% Break-Thru: 96% of Small Business Owners Fail Within 10 Years. Entrepreneurs: Outlast the 96%, Avoid Burnout, and Create the Life You Love by Dr. Lance Knaub
If you want to make sure your new business venture is part of the 4% that survive, then it’s time to create the life you love with this expert blueprint guide. If you feel overwhelmed, stressed and fatigued, this book will show you how to morph into the physical business superhero you were always meant to be.
12. Scaredy Bat and the Missing Jellyfish (Scaredy Bat: A Vampire Detective Series) by Marina J. Bowman
This coming-of-age children’s adventure and detective story follows 12-year-old Ellie “Scaredy Bat” Spark as she uses her vampire powers and problem-solving skills to help her local town. With just one day to unscramble a riddle, Ellie dives deep and faces her fears to help the people she loves the most.
13. Hitting Rock Middle: The Road Map From Empty Success to True Fulfillment by Sallie Holder
Hiding behind the success, money and glamor of successful people sometimes lies a feeling of deep unhappiness – even misery. Sallie Holder offers a framework based on her own life experiences to help people break out of “rock middle” - when they have it all, but it feels like living in a cage of their own creation.
14. Get It Done: From Procrastination to Creative Genius in 15 Minutes a Day by Sam Bennett
Do you struggle to take action on your creative projects, hobbies or goals? Get focused, organized and calculate like your coworkers and competitors today. In Get It Done, a renowned teacher, writer, actor and comedian help you to harness your peculiar creative process to produce big results.
15. UNBROKEN Road to Freedom: Finding Strength To Fight Back When Life Beats You Down by Dr. Kimberly Regan
For those who have been plunged into the familial dysfunction of domestic violence, oppression and poverty, UNBROKEN is a purposeful memoir of hope about a woman who went from homelessness to Harvard. Life is always within your control, no matter the circumstances.
16. Fear is Not the Boss of You: How to Get Out Of Your Head and Live the Life You Were Made For by Jennifer Allwood
It’s time to face your fears head-on and conquer them effortlessly. Fear is Not the Boss of You provides tips to catapult “stuck” women into action, and Jennifer Allwood is here to show you how to get out of your own way.
- Loving Your Business: Rethink Your Relationship with Your Company and Make It Work for You by Debbie King
For all of the business owners who think their business can’t scale without them, Loving Your Business will challenge you to think beyond what you’ve created. Don’t feel trapped by your business – feel encouraged to grow it into an empire and create a life you love.
18. Introduction to Quantum Human Design by Karen Curry Parker
Why are you here? What are you meant to do? Pondering life’s biggest questions, dive into the world of Quantum Human Design to live your more authentic life. Decipher your Human Design Chart, become more positive, and connect with the quantum universe today.
19. ENRICH: Create Wealth in Time, Money, and Meaning by Todd Miller
Entertainment CEO turned early retiree, Todd Miller had it all: money, companies and fame. Yet, he was more miserable than ever on the inside. Having to perform every hour of the day, he was exhausted. What was he missing? Control and independence.
20. The Live Launch Method: The “Simplicity Meets Strategy” Formula to Make Millions Online by Kelly Roach
Best-selling author and business catalyst Kelly Roach is here to help you become a disruptor while increasing profits, establishing yourself as a thought leader, and totally taking control of your money, business and life.
Optimize your health through science
Sign up for our newsletter to get a regular dose of science-backed tips, tricks, biohacks, and more.