- April 10, 2023
9 Natural Ways to Increase Testosterone
Testosterone is a hormone critical for male sexual health and health in general. In addition to testosterone replacement therapy and other treatments, there are several natural ways to increase testosterone levels.
A higher testosterone level in men is believed to improve the body, sex drive, and overall confidence.
Here are nine natural ways to boost testosterone:
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can help increase testosterone levels. Variable resistance training, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), and compound, multi-joint exercises like squats and deadlifts are particularly powerful.
- Get enough sleep: Getting adequate sleep is crucial for overall health, including healthy hormone balance. Lack of sleep has been linked to lower testosterone levels. Aim for at least 7-8 hours of quality sleep each night. Breathing properly is critical, as sleep apnea disrupts sleep and throws hormones out of balance. Mouth breathing in the night can disrupt sleep and lower testosterone.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity and excess body fat can decrease testosterone levels. Maintaining a healthy weight through a balanced diet and regular exercise can help increase testosterone levels. 10-minute X3 Bar workouts make it easy to maintain weight.
- Consume a healthy diet. A healthy diet with plenty of lean proteins, and healthy fats can help increase testosterone levels. Zinc-rich foods such as oysters and red meat may be especially beneficial.
- Manage your stress. This may be the most critical factor. Chronic stress, and the resulting constant low-level release of cortisol, can cause a decrease in testosterone levels. Managing stress through extended meditation (30 minutes or more), yoga, or deep breathing exercises can help increase testosterone levels.
- Embrace the cold. Ice baths and cold showers can affect sex steroid hormones, namely testosterone in males and estrogen in females.
- Eat butter. Butter is loaded with cholesterol, a precursor to sex steroid hormones. It should be eaten in limited quantities.
- Get some vitamin D. Vitamin D is a precursor to testosterone, and it’s critical to healthy hormonal release and overall hormonal health for men. Try to get at least 15-20 minutes of sun a day.
- Live life authentically. While little scientific evidence exists to support such a claim, think about the men in your life who command a lot of respect. They don’t shy away from responsibility. They speak their minds and live in alignment with their values. The more people live in alignment with their “true” selves, the calmer they become. Further, cortisol levels tend to drop, and testosterone levels tend to increase.
It’s important to note that these natural methods may only work for some, and individuals should consult their healthcare provider before making significant dietary or lifestyle changes.
Variable Resistance System
- Up to 600 lbs of Available Force
- Full-Body Muscle-Building Workouts
- Build Strength Faster
- Greater Gains In Just 10 Minutes a Day
Optimize your health through science